It seems like I’m always counting calories, exercising when I can, and generally trying to lose weight. It’s an uphill battle, for sure. But sometimes I get a nagging sweet tooth that just won’t stop. So I try to make my desserts as healthful as I can. These almond date blondies are the perfect treat when I want a little something extra. They are sweet, but not overly sweet, and the have a satisfying chewy, crunchy texture. They are pretty simple to make also.
You can mix it up a bit, also. If you like coconut, use coconut flour instead of almond flour. Add 1/2 cup of shredded, toasted coconut, or mix in 1/4 cup or so of your favorite chocolate chips.
Almond Date Blondies
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Natural Almond Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 3/4 cup Slivered, roasted, almonds (divided)
- 3/4 cup Finely diced dried dates
- Heat your oven to 350°F.2. Line an 8″ square baking pan with aluminum foil so that it overlaps on the sides (this makes it easy to remove after it is cooked). Grease the aluminum foil with butter and set aside.3. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.4. In a mixer with the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), beat the butter and almond butter until it is fluffy. 5. Add the brown sugar and beat until it is smooth.6. Add the egg and continue to beat until it is well incorporated.7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until mixed.8 Mix in the oatmeal, 1/2 cup of almonds, and dates.9. Press the dough into the prepared baking pan and press the remaining 1/4 cup of almonds into the dough. 10. Bake until the blondies are firm, 20-25 minutes.11. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes, then remove from the pan using the aluminum foil handles.12. Cut into 16 pieces 13. Enjoy!