Heat your oven to 350°F.
2. Line an 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil so that it overlaps on the sides (this makes it easy to remove after it is cooked). Grease the aluminum foil with butter and set aside.
3. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
4. In a mixer with the paddle attachment (or a hand mixer), beat the butter and almond butter until it is fluffy.
5. Add the brown sugar and beat until it is smooth.
6. Add the egg and continue to beat until it is well incorporated.
7. Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until mixed.
8 Mix in the oatmeal, 1/2 cup of almonds, and dates.
9. Press the dough into the prepared baking pan and press the remaining 1/4 cup of almonds into the dough.
10. Bake until the blondies are firm, 20-25 minutes.
11. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes, then remove from the pan using the aluminum foil handles.
12. Cut into 16 pieces